Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Burj Al Arab


Beamer & I had our first date in Dubai in this world's 7 star hotel. We had Afternoon Tea at the Skyview Bar. He did not enjoy the Panoramic lift because of his fear of heights but it was worthwhile.

I have been to Burj 4 times. The first time was with my gay guests and it was a surprise because I thought I will just accompany them at their brand new penthouse at Le Reve, Marina (which was awesome!) and then they said let's have coffee at the best place to have coffee in Dubai. At the back of my mind I was thinking...Starbucks? Hey, I'm not a coffee lover. I throw up having massive dose of coffee than alcohol.

Then, I organized a show around with A, G, BB & Wendy. Next, I had the "date" with my "Mahal Ko" (See, most Filipinas who are married to foreigners call their better half as such because they usually ask to translate LOVE in our language. I decided to place KO in the Mahal as I am possessive! lol) and the last visit was a dinner @ Al Iwan with BB, Wendy & the birthday girl, Glaizing.

Do I miss my life in Dubai? Of course! Do I have regrets moving to the glamorous USA? Absolutely NOT! I love Dubai and it will be close to my heart (next to Baguio City) but I don't see a future (my future) there. Dubai is for the singletons. Dubai is FUN and Fashion is a big element of life. Dubai means parties and beach and booze and shopping and FUN. But in the end, after all the partying, you wake up, with a terrible hangover and its like reality pulls you a little bit closer and you think to yourself, Is this what I want in life?

So the answer to that question is obviously NOT! I want more from life. I want to make money and spend it. I want all the beautiful things (not necessarily expensive) and I want to travel and see the world and I want to spend this lifetime with my one true love. Because, at the end of the day... We only live once.

*referral of USA as glamorous is only and solely inspired by JUICY!

No comments:

Post a Comment