Friday, June 17, 2011

Life is Winning


The shoes I'm wearing is a Kenneth Cole. It is so comfortable. I bought it in Dubai for work and though I was forced to leave some shoes I decided that I must not part with this one. The other shoe brand I love is Naturalizer, not necessarily for style but for the comfort it brings. Aldo is one of my favorite in terms of trend but when its new it sort of gives my feet some beating! Oh, don't get me wrong. I am my mother's daughter. Here's why:

According to Mama Pacita (my mother's eldest sister) when my mother was single she loves high heels and even if her feet is cramped in a wrong size you will not catch her displaying agony. Its what I call "Faking Confidence." I know this because I used to do this when I was in Grade/High School while joining declamation contests. People think I am confident. Hell! Some would even think I am overflowing with confidence. What they don't realize was: I will never let my opponents know that deep inside, my heart was pounding and that if I lose (2nd place means you are the 1st loser!) that doesn't mean they are better than me. I want them to doubt their winning. I want them to realize that my being on 2nd place doesn't mean that the judges are right (those are their decision) but not entirely everyone elses. There should be the benefit of the doubt.

The photo was taken during Salvatore's 4th birthday. Beamer and I decided to have some fun. Though I dont really have much fun nowadays. I don't know why I just cant afford to get drunk anymore. The idea of having a massive hangover just makes me cringe. It sucks being old!

Now that we have opened that topic, I realized that my views in life has changed. 360 degrees as a matter of fact. Sissy and I used to have the need, the need for speed! And now, everything seems to be on slow pace with me.

I still have gazillion things to do. I need to pack (2) box of goodies to send to the Philippines. And the luggage to bring to New York. This Sunday is the christening of Beamer's nephews. I think we are Godparents! I have to prepare his wardrobe and mine too. The thing is, I usually don't have a problem dressing up but since I got married (and my OCD) I feel the urge to match my dress with his. And its very hard to convince him to wear my fashion. Well, you know guys!

Don't worry, I will be posting photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment