Monday, July 18, 2011

Life in PINK




"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

Marianne Williamson from A Return To Love: Reflections on the Principles of A Course in Miracles
(My favorite quote from Nelson Mandela)

Today (just recently) before Beamer left for work he said: If you go to the store please dont wear sexy clothes. I thought the hubster was not the jelly-belly type. Hehehe!

Of course when I go to the store (which is my exercise) to get some unnecessary stuff (the essentials are done in Walmart etc) or mail letters, I wear shorts and a shirt. And I dont think of it as sexy clothes. When I was in my teens, I was never sexy. I have literally no boobs and you can easily  mistake me as a boy. But when I hit the 20's I started growing them and now I felt so conscious with it. Moral of the story: Be careful what you wish for. Hehehe!

As I am a mood dressing shoe-paholic, I have to admit that there are times I dress down just so others can flaunt theirs. Sometimes I feel that I don't have to upstage the host and that bugs me. I am done playing nice! This is my time to shine!

NB: My Farm wedding plans became a nightmare but I am positive that we will overcome this obstacle.

 I can. I will. I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment