Sunday, September 11, 2011

911 Day

"Obviously, Sept. 11th will never be the same. It was originally designated as National 9-1-1 Day, but the terrorist attacks of 2001 has shifted the focus considerably. President George W. Bush proclaimed Sept. 11th as "Patriot Day," and it's expected that--understandably--national celebrations will focus on the first responders who handled the terrorist attacks, and first responders across the nation."
911dispatch.com   

10 years ago, the most powerful country in the world was attacked. Today we commemorate the heroes and the lives of many who were short-lived but I hope to be a meaningful one.

The priest on the Sunday mass today stated that everyone was devastated on that day. Everyone knew exactly what they were doing and what they felt, right after that. I don't really remember what I was doing on that exact moment. I don't even know where I was during that moment. But I remembered how I felt after hearing the news. 

True it was devastating. It was scary. It was gruesome. It was depressing. Frustrating. Aggravating. It was complete darkness for the ones who lost their loved ones. It was enlightening for those who were saved. It was life changing for those who escaped and cheat death. It was an emotional chaos.

I will not discuss how terrorism will not solve problems or how its supporters risk their lives thinking that suicide bombings are going to save humanity. I will not go near the topic of TERRORISM. It is depressing to know that some people think that they are saving people by killing them. 

I do not want to watch the news or the specials for the 911 victims and heroes, not because I don't symphatize but because I do. I feel their loss. I feel the grief. I feel the nothing-ness. I do not want to watch them because their suffering is contagious and I do want to make them feel better, but what can I do? In times of sorrow, it is better to sit with them than open your mouth. There are no words that can ease away the pain.

For me, it is time to move on. To move forward. For the people who are responsible of taking care of their own, continue. And for those who has blood in their hands, repent. It is in time of crippling sorrow that we learn how to gather courage and stand. And I hope once again, America will be great!

I will not rant about how people offended me today. This is the day I keep silent about myself. This is the day I pray for peace. And peace like love and all other things, start from within.

Don't get me wrong. Tomorrow is another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment