Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A Bitch Called Irene


I'm back!

My mini-vacay was ruined by the hurricane. Beamer and I left The Riv last Thursday and headed to New Jersey. Friday we went to New York. We were supposed to accompany my mother in the Philippine Consulate and go to The MET and Statue of Lib. Unfortunately, while we are on the consulate, the hubster learned that the hurricane is on its way and traffic was predicted. So we went back to NJ as soon as possible. The hubster headed to his friends in NY for golf (before Irene struck) and the fantasy football draft.

In the next 3 nights, I gorged myself with good old Filipino food from Apollo (Filipino) Restaurant. I watched Filipino movies which included an extremely annoying movie called Adventures of Pureza which is really really boring and a complete waste of time and money. Good thing I have time to waste and the money came from my mother who was sleeping all through the movie.

I insisted that Beamer do not stress himself while we are separated due to the hurricane and enjoy his time with family and friends. I do not want him to travel because it is dangerous. Extremely dangerous.

While New Yorkers are ranting that the news about Irene was over-hyped I still feel that it is better to be safe than sorry. There were several deaths (because of  hurricane) and people were evacuated. I am just glad that we all followed necessary precautions.

My mom was renting a shabby basement and I am glad that there was no power outage and flood. I never really experienced the hurricane but I felt that my past storm experiences in my country was worse. Flood was our main problem and I am just glad that we did not experience it now.

God is good!

And now that I'm back, you will be hearing more of my upcoming wedding rants.

No comments:

Post a Comment