Sunday, August 21, 2011

Live A Life

circa 2006

On my recollection I have always been trendy. When I was in high school I was one of the girls who wear Guess pants and shirts long before Guess became a household name. I wore a pink Nike footwear even before Jolina Magdangal played with colors. Let me admit something which I never did before, I was ugly. Hahahaha! My Uncle, who was a hairstylist cut my hair like Demi Moore's in ghost and my mother was furious.

Nanay: This haircut is so ugly!
Me: This is Demi Moore!
Nanay: You are my daughter and for me you are beautiful but Demi Moore doesn't have a flat nose. She can pull a short haircut.
(Ladies and Gentlemen, my Mother!)

To say that I was Ugly in High School is an understatement. I was skinny. I never wore a real bra until I was in College. I wore a baby bra. I was never sexy. I didn't have boobies. I was skinny. My classmates tease me as a lizard and that dogs love me because I am a walking bone. My hair is atrocious! I used to pull my hair because it felt so good and then I realized that I was losing my hair and I stopped before I became completely bald. 

With some ugly features I must say that I have a nice skin when I was younger. While everyone have zits the size of Kilimanjaro, I had pristine skin. While my classmates were all into their puppy loves, I was into Barbie and Ken. I must admit, I had a lot of crushes but I was confused. Hell! I graduated High School when I was 15 so it goes without saying that Im a little bit immature than most of my classmates. That vacation I had my first boyfriend. It was not a "real boyfriend" in every sense. I got turned off when my brother antagonized the so-called relationship. I swear on Kurt Cobain's grave that I did not kiss that guy. At all!

College was the start of my LIFE. Though I still felt ugly, I was more of the life of a party. I met gazillion people and a handful remain true friends. I may not be proud of what I did but I sure am proud of what I have become.

People probably think I will be a loser. Maybe I was. Maybe I am.

But the truth of the matter is, the pursuit of happiness is unfathomable because nobody will ever be happy if they are not contented of what they have. 

I lived a life. And I am happy I did.

"To live intensely is a basic human necessity."
— Jessica Zafra (Twisted 8 1/2
)

No comments:

Post a Comment