Sunday, October 9, 2011

The Kim Kardashian Wedding

I just finished watching a marathon of The Real Housewives of New Jersey and I chanced upon the Kardashian wedding. Its actually a two-part so the wedding prep was aired tonight and tomorrow will be the wedding.

In my opinion, of all the Kardashians I think I like her best. I was addicted at one point with the show but I am more of the Real Housewives addict. Anyway, I have seen that every time her sisters pick on her but I guess she was the prettiest and the most sensitive to her Mother. I like how she cancelled all her appointments just to be beside her Mom who wanted to have her chin fixed. By the way, they showed a part of the actual operation. I nearly fainted.

When Khloe Kardashian married Llamar Odom, she opted to be given away by her brother Rob K. I was appalled by that gesture. It was Bruce Jenner (Decathlon Olympic Gold Medalist) who raised them. I'm sure Khloe has her reasons but I guess I just liked Kim better now that I have known that she was given away by Bruce. The man who raised them and continued giving support to their family.

No disrespect but I would personally want to be given away by my Uncle, Papa Vi. He proved to be my strength during my time of desperation. He opened my eyes to be spiritual. I remembered having bible studies when I was a kid. He inculcated a lot of good things to us. He patiently looked for me when I decided to ran away from home at 15. He is always supportive. He sent me to school to get my degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management. He taught me how to love work.

I remembered vividly when he told me, "If you are asking God for something be specific." And I did, I prayed for a husband just like him. And that was exactly what I had.

Patient. Loving. God-fearing. Kind. Hardworking. 

I miss you Papa! See you soon! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment